Pink + Nude Lipstick Reviews | Beauty


I've not been much of a lipstick-wearer as I have annoyingly dry lips and time and again just give up on the whole deal, but I do love the look of nude lipsticks and have recently found that pinks suit me very well. After discovering the Rêve de Miel lip balm which is an absolute white-knight savior of dry and chapped lips, my lips haven't been as terrible and I ended up going hard for the lipsticks this summer and falling in love with the pinks and nudes. These are some of my recent additions and how I like them:

1. Clarins Petal Pink // 2. Clinique Beige Pop // 3. Seventeen Kiss Me Quick // 4. Rimmel 33 // 5. Too Faced Taffy // 6. Too Faced Naked Dolly

1. For ultimate lipstick-moisture the Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in "707 Petal Pink" has earned my trust. This is my my-lip-color-but-better lipstick, it has that graceful pink tinge which adds that extra something to your lips but isn't very obvious. I love swiping this on when I'm in a hurry and can't decide on a lip color and the moisture quality enhanced by mango oil will be amazing for fall. It's supple on the lips, has a nice and smooth sheen, and a scent I can't place but that reminds me of yummy licorice. Also, this is likely my favorite lipstick packaging, the weight and sturdiness to it makes it feel quite luxurious.

2. A competitor to the Clarins is my Clinique Pop Lip Color + Primer in "Beige Pop." I was looking for a flawless everyday nude lipstick with a sweet pink undertone. Nude lipsticks can come off slightly concealer-ish on my natural lip color if I pick a beige shade that's too solid, but what I love about this one is that it looks very beige in the stick but warms up to that perfect pinky nude when applied to my lips. I think the formula's awesome and will be collecting many more of these in the future. The lipstick has a modern-velvet finish, is decently moisturizing, sits comfortably on my lips, and is fragrance free.

3. A brand I've never thought about trying is Seventeen but I happened to swatch their lipsticks at Boots and was impressed by the beautiful color payoff. This one is Seventeen Stay Pout in "Kiss Me, Quick" which is that ideal pink shade - not too light, not too dark, just a perfect all-around medium pink. I find that it's the kind of color that would suit a night out just as much as the office. Unfortunately, the lipstick is on the dry side for me and comes of a little darker on my lips, though, I think it's a great option if you're looking for an affordable lipstick to stain your lips - it's fragrance free and stays on like a champ.

1. Clarins Petal Pink // 2. Clinique Beige Pop // 3. Seventeen Kiss Me Quick // 4. Rimmel 33 // 5. Too Faced Taffy // 6. Too Faced Naked Dolly

3. What lured me into the lipstick game this summer was this Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Moss Lipstick in "33" which is an attention-grabbing hot pink. It's an intense color that's easily subdued by the good ol' dabbing on. I've really liked turning to this lipstick when I'm wearing all monochrome and need a little something to make an outfit or neutral makeup more fun. I reapply this a lot so it's not as lasting as I would've wished, it also tends to cling to dry patches as well as go somewhat dry on my lips if I don't apply a moisturizing gloss over it. Yet, I've been reaching for this a lot. It has a matte finish and a bubblegum scent to it.

4. This Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lipstick in "Taffy" is described as a "pink marshmallow nude" though it actually turns more peachy on my lips which I really like, it makes an interesting nude shade that doesn't feel as "casual" as a pinky nude. The formula is super creamy and silky so I'm a little careful applying it as it can look smeared on - a single swipe is enough. It does an awesome job of conditioning your lips, however, while it isn't drying I do experience that the product seek out lines. Cool packaging, rich color, and the lipstick has a slight cookie scent (at least in my opinion,) definitely there but nothing overpowering.

5. Same goes for Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lipstick in "Naked Dolly" which is described as a "satin pink." I'll be giving this one away as it's way too beige on me. I reckon this would look super pretty on lighter-toned lips.



What's your favorite pink or nude lipstick?

Definitely share a recommendation if you know of moisturizing lipsticks!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *